COMMODITY: Aerosols of RemOil®, or RemOil® with or without MoistureGuard; Brite Bore, 40-X Bore Cleaner
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: Domestic Road and Rail
|PROPER SHIPPING NAME:||Aerosols||LABEL:||None|
|IDENTIFICATION NUMBER:||UN 1950||PLACARD:||None|
|HAZARD CLASS/DIVISION:||2.1||EMERG. INFO:||None|
HAZARDOUS MATERIALS TABLE
|(1)Sym-bols||(2)Hazardous materials descriptions and proper shipping names||(3)Hazard class or Division||(4)Identifi-cation Numbers||(5)PG||(6)Label Codes||(7)Special provisions(§172.102)||(8)Packaging (§173.***)||(9)Quantity Limitations(see §§173.27 and 175.75)||(10)Vesselstowage|
|Bulk||Passenger aircraft/ rail||Cargo aircraft only||Loca-|
|Aerosols, flammable, (each not exceeding 1 L capacity)||2.1||UN1950||2.1||N82||306||None||None||75kg||150kg||A||25, 87, 126|
Aerosols that have been classed as Division 2.1 flammable gas may be transported as limited quantities when packaged as follows:
- Inner packages are not required (because they are omitted from mention in 173.306(1).
- The containers must be packed in strong outer packagings; no specification testing is required.
- The maximum gross weight is limited to 30 kg (66 pounds) per package.
– Additional exceptions may be found in 49 CFR 173.156.
SHIPPING PAPER REQUIREMENTS
Normal documentation requirements are waived when transported by road. This aerosol is still hazmat, but it is not marked “HM” on the shipping document because it is not subject to documentation requirements. ORM-D or LQ may but should not be listed to allow mixed shipment of ORM-D and LQ packages; only “Aerosols” should be listed, and even that is not mandatory.
|Aerosols||(Insert gross or net weight)|
Citation: 49 CFR 173.306(i)(1)
Limited quantity packages containing aerosols must display the following limited quantity marking on one side as
In addition, each carton may have to be marked with the consignor’s or the consignee’s name and address, see 49 CFR §172.301(d) for exceptions. No UN number or proper shipping name is required.
* Per 49 CFR §172.301(d), the package must be marked with the consignor or consignee’s name and address unless the package is:
(1) Transported by highway only and will not be transferred from one carrier to the other;
(2) Part of a carload lot, truckload lot or freight container load, and the entire contents of the rail car, truck or freight container are shipped from one consignor to one consignee.
The “OVERPACK” marking is only required if the limited quantity marking is not visible, in which case the “Limited Quantity” and “overpack” stickers are required on only one side of the pallet or overpack box.
Citation: 49 CFR §173.25(a)(6)