COMMODITY: Aerosols of RemOil® with or without MoistureGuard; Brite Bore, 40-X Bore Cleaner
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: Domestic Road and Rail
|PROPER SHIPPING NAME:||Aerosols||LABEL:||None|
|IDENTIFICATION NUMBER:||UN 1950||PLACARD:||LQ mark|
|HAZARD CLASS/DIVISION:||2.1||EMERG. INFO:||None|
DANGEROUS GOODS LIST
Aerosols that have been classed as Division 2.1 flammable gas may be transported as limited quantities up to 1L per can (1000 mL).
See IMDG Special Provision 277: For aerosols or receptacles containing toxic substances, the limited quantity value is 120 mL. For all other aerosols or receptacles, the limited quantity value is 1,000 mL.
Package as follows:
- For LQ, dangerous goods shall be packed only in inner packagings placed in suitable outer packagings. However aerosols do not require inner packagings (because the aerosol can itself is the inner package). Aerosols are also considered to be “articles”. IMDG 188.8.131.52
- The maximum gross weight is limited to 30 kg (66 pounds) per package. IMDG 184.108.40.206
- Shrink-wrapped or stretch-wrapped trays meeting the conditions of IMDG 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 are acceptable as outer packagings, if limited to 20 kg. IMDG 188.8.131.52.
- No specification testing is required. IMDG 184.108.40.206.4
SHIPPING PAPER REQUIREMENTS
Limited Quantity shipments must be documented by domestic and international vessel. IMDG 220.127.116.11. The shipping description appears as follows:
|UN 1950, Aerosols, 2.1, LTD QTY||(Insert gross or net weight)|
Citation: 49 CFR 173.306(i)(1)
Limited quantity packages containing aerosols must display the following limited quantity marking on one side as
In addition, each carton may have to be marked with the consignor’s or the consignee’s name and address, see 49 CFR §172.301(d) for exceptions. No UN number or proper shipping name is required.
* Per 49 CFR §172.301(d), the package must be marked with the consignor or consignee’s name and address unless the package is:
(1) Transported by highway only and will not be transferred from one carrier to the other;
(2) Part of a carload lot, truckload lot or freight container load, and the entire contents of the rail car, truck or freight container are shipped from one consignor to one consignee.
The “OVERPACK” marking is only required if the limited quantity marking is not visible, in which case the “Limited Quantity” and “overpack” stickers are required on only one side of the pallet or overpack box. The lettering of the “OVERPACK” marking shall be at least 12 mm high. If the aerosols are packed with other dangerous goods which are not LQ, then the UN number, proper shipping name and label should be shown for those products, as well as the LQ mark, unless all of this is visible (an example is shown for LQ products with small arms primers) IMDG 18.104.22.168
Citation: 49 CFR §173.25(a)(6)